× Members

No more contribution based ESA

More
8 years 6 months ago #142073 by dawn rittenberg
No more contribution based ESA was created by dawn rittenberg
Hi All,

I was put onto contribution based ESA on the 26th August 2014.

This has was stopped on the 19th August 2015 and I have had no benefit from them.

They sent me a face to face health assessment appointment for the 1st October 2015 which was cancelled and when I contacted them regarding this & payments.
I was told I probably wouldn't be eligible for ESA as my husband works.

A new appointment was made for 7th October.

Can anyone advice me if due to being assessed for my health if I should be entitled to my benefit until they have made their decision?

I understand that it would not be legal advice.

Thank you
Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142074 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No more contribution based ESA
DR

I'm afraid as you have already received 365 days of Contribution Based ESA you are not entitled to any further payment unless this new re-assessment places you in the Support Group, you appear to be ineligible for ESA(IR) as your husband works for 24 hours or more a week.

If you are placed in the SG then your ESA(CB) will be re-instated from the date of the Decision and will remain in payment while you remain in the SG.

The only other option for payment would be if you can re-meet the Contribution Conditions for a new claim of ESA(CB) this will be dependant on whether you worked during the Tax Years 2012-13 and 2013-14, but you should confirm what Contributions you have made with HMRC before initiating a new claim, as you remain entitled to NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension, at the moment and you may lose these if you make a new but unsuccessful claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawn rittenberg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.