× Members

PIP MR

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #142113 by toady
PIP MR was created by toady
HI

I got my PIP decision in, after the fairy tale that was the assessment report. I was on high rate DLA for both, and have been awarded standard care for both on PIP. I was on annual assessments, but have been awarded standard PIP until Sept 2018 (to be assessed after sept 2017).

The day the letter came, I had a GP appointment, and she asked how it went with PIP. I explained I had been marked down for mobility (the care element is fair, I think), on the basis I could follow a journey unaided using my scooter to the health centre, which is literally at the end of my path. ( I had shown the assessor a photograph, too!) GP replied that I could zip wire there too, but can't get any further unaided, so thought I should argue under the unfamiliar journeys part, and she would back me with whatever help I needed.

I booked to see a benefits advisor, but she then told me that in her experience, most PIP MRs end up with a lower award than they started out with. Obviously nobody can make my mind up for me, but information is power, so my questions are:

1- are there any stats available yet on the success or otherwise of PIP MRs?
2- do you get paid PIP during the MR period, as I live alone and only have that and my ESA as income?
3- I am also concerned that a lower award in PIP might trigger some attempt to change me from ESA support group to wrag, has anyone else come across that?

I am so tired and weary with all this, am almost of the persuasion I should just accept what I have got, as I know it is more than many have, but in so doing I feel I am accepting the untrue account of the assessment.

Thank you!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #142114 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR
Hi toady,

I'm sorry that the PIP decision was not what you hoped :( The first thing I will say is that PIP was specifically designed to reduce the benefit bill, so some people who were - quite correctly - on HRM of DLA will find themselves on Standard rate mobility of PIP - again, quite correctly according to the new criteria.

1) I do not think there are any stats re the success rate of MRs. However, from my experience with the forum, I don't think it is very high.

2) Your PIP payment will continue during the MR and appeal.

3) I haven't seen any ESA decisions being looked at again due to a reduced PIP award.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toady

More
8 years 7 months ago #142166 by toady
Replied by toady on topic PIP MR
Many thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate that it seems a bit churlish to be moaning when I know of several people myself, I am appalled haven't been awarded anything. it's just that my GP is so insistent, but with the system so new it is possible we have to get used to a new set of "norms".

thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris