× Members

PIP MR

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142113 by toady
PIP MR was created by toady
HI

I got my PIP decision in, after the fairy tale that was the assessment report. I was on high rate DLA for both, and have been awarded standard care for both on PIP. I was on annual assessments, but have been awarded standard PIP until Sept 2018 (to be assessed after sept 2017).

The day the letter came, I had a GP appointment, and she asked how it went with PIP. I explained I had been marked down for mobility (the care element is fair, I think), on the basis I could follow a journey unaided using my scooter to the health centre, which is literally at the end of my path. ( I had shown the assessor a photograph, too!) GP replied that I could zip wire there too, but can't get any further unaided, so thought I should argue under the unfamiliar journeys part, and she would back me with whatever help I needed.

I booked to see a benefits advisor, but she then told me that in her experience, most PIP MRs end up with a lower award than they started out with. Obviously nobody can make my mind up for me, but information is power, so my questions are:

1- are there any stats available yet on the success or otherwise of PIP MRs?
2- do you get paid PIP during the MR period, as I live alone and only have that and my ESA as income?
3- I am also concerned that a lower award in PIP might trigger some attempt to change me from ESA support group to wrag, has anyone else come across that?

I am so tired and weary with all this, am almost of the persuasion I should just accept what I have got, as I know it is more than many have, but in so doing I feel I am accepting the untrue account of the assessment.

Thank you!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142114 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP MR
Hi toady,

I'm sorry that the PIP decision was not what you hoped :( The first thing I will say is that PIP was specifically designed to reduce the benefit bill, so some people who were - quite correctly - on HRM of DLA will find themselves on Standard rate mobility of PIP - again, quite correctly according to the new criteria.

1) I do not think there are any stats re the success rate of MRs. However, from my experience with the forum, I don't think it is very high.

2) Your PIP payment will continue during the MR and appeal.

3) I haven't seen any ESA decisions being looked at again due to a reduced PIP award.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toady

More
8 years 6 months ago #142166 by toady
Replied by toady on topic PIP MR
Many thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate that it seems a bit churlish to be moaning when I know of several people myself, I am appalled haven't been awarded anything. it's just that my GP is so insistent, but with the system so new it is possible we have to get used to a new set of "norms".

thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.