× Members

dla through today!!

More
8 years 5 months ago #143037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla through today!!
sickandtiredofeverything

If your ESA is being reduced by your husband's bursary then you must be receiving Income Related ESA, if you were receiving Contribution Based ESA, which would be based on your NI Contributions in previous Tax Years, then I would not expect his money to effect your payments.

If you are awarded ESA then your money will increase, £29.05 for the WRAG and £36.20 for the Support Group, so you need to see whether your husband's final bursary amount will erode all of this or not.

If you remain entitled to a payment of ESA(IR) then I would expect you to also be eligible for HB.

If the ESA(IR) is fully eroded, then you may not receive HB, however HB uses a slightly different calculation method from ESA, so you may still receive it.

If no ESA is payable it may still be worth your proceeding with the claim as you will receive NI Credits which count towards a full State Pension.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sickandtiredofeverything

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sickandtiredofeverything
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #143039 by sickandtiredofeverything
Replied by sickandtiredofeverything on topic dla through today!!
Gordon, thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated.

I will fill in the ESA50 form & send it off.

We also have to let the ESA know the full bursary amount & they will work it out around that...even if we get 10p a week it all helps...its all swings and roundabouts with this thing! Should have had my ESA & DLA sorted months ago when my gp & psychiatrist told me to - if would have saved a lot of stress & anxiety.

I will come back to you again once it is all sorted & let you know what happens.

Thanks again for the advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.