× Members

Pip

More
8 years 6 months ago #142143 by Shel09
Pip was created by Shel09
Hello I am looking for some advice on pip. I have a detailed report from a private occupational therapist on the affects of my condition but have been told I don't have any record regarding the affects of my condition. Would I have to have gone back and for physio and Ot e.g for the last three months. I have a long term condition would this affect the length of time I could have the award for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142150 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip
It all depends on what you put on the claim form.
How did you document the process that led to your current situation? You have a letter from the OT detailing the affects but presumably not how long you have had them.
Does your GP have any notes of you attending the surgery and complaining of your condition and its affects. Did your GP offer NHS therapy or did you decide to go private of your own accord?
The length of time the award is given for will depend on all the answers and evidence you have given

More
8 years 6 months ago #142178 by Shel09
Replied by Shel09 on topic Pip
Hi
yes i went private on my own accord. The Ot wrote on the report that i have had the affects of the condition for at least 3 months but not likely to improve. She backed me by saying the affects of the condition is consistent in nature and its a long term condition.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142191 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip
Unfortunately her evidence alone will not be enough which is why you are having the DWP saying where's the record of the effects of the condition.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142238 by Shel09
Replied by Shel09 on topic Pip
Thanks for the message if the effects of my condition are constant for 3 months and I go back and for physiotherapy and other therapy through her nhs would this put me in better stead for pip.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

Shel09 wrote: Thanks for the message if the effects of my condition are constant for 3 months and I go back and for physiotherapy and other therapy through her nhs would this put me in better stead for pip.

I would certainly start by talking to your GP about the issue as you will need a referral from them anyway, explain the issues and see whether they can help and how.

The most important thing with any letter or report is that it addresses the criteria for the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.