× Members

PIP Mobility Standard or Enhanced at 20 meters

• Amanda
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142188 by Amanda
I received my reconsideration letter this morning and assessor has stated the following:
"At the assessment you confirmed you can walk for about 10 paces ... You confirmed your maximum walking distance is 10 to 15 meters."
Followed by:
" you said you use crutches to move around within your home. 20 meters is considered to be the distance that a claimant is required to be able to walk in order to achieve a basic level of independence in the home such as the ability to move between rooms."
Then the descriptor she awarded was
can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 meters but no more than 50 meters.

I thought this descriptor was for over 20 meters, not 20 meters exactly,

I am about to prepare an appeal and would apreciate some advice please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142196 by foss27
Since you have the report estimating 10-15 metres you are under 20 metres anyway?
The cut off is 20 metres. Over 20 metres is 20.0001 metres so it is a bit of a moot point.

• Amanda
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142197 by Amanda
So the assessor is incorrect in awarding 10 points, it should have been 12points.

I have asked for a call back from the descission maker, but as this was the reconsideration, I dont hold out much hope.

Looks like I will have to go to tribunal

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142204 by marie
Go to your mp send for the assessors letter, my mp has got in touch with them telling them if they dont reconsider it will go to tribunal and they will be embarrassed they have used medical record from a previous tribunal which is illegal because it is a fresh claim and more stuff they have done which is not so honest, i have been to a tribunal and they are for you not against you. I even forgot my papers but if your telling the truth you have nothing to worry about,
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon. Reason: changed case

More
8 years 6 months ago #142209 by Gordon

Amanda wrote: So the assessor is incorrect in awarding 10 points, it should have been 12points.

I have asked for a call back from the descission maker, but as this was the reconsideration, I dont hold out much hope.

Looks like I will have to go to tribunal

Not necessarily, from you earlier post they appear to be acknowledging your statements, that does not mean that they are agreeing with them, I'm afraid that this is an issue that you would need to argue if you challenge the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142222 by Gordon

marie wrote: Go to your mp send for the assessors letter, my mp has got in touch with them telling them if they dont reconsider it will go to tribunal and they will be embarrassed they have used medical record from a previous tribunal which is illegal because it is a fresh claim and more stuff they have done which is not so honest, i have been to a tribunal and they are for you not against you. I even forgot my papers but if your telling the truth you have nothing to worry about,

There are no legal restrictions on the evidence that the DWP or the claimant can reference in regard a claim and I would be cautious of expecting too much from your MP, an appeal is in effect a court of law an MP's cannot interfere in legal proceedings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.