× Members

Completing SSCS1A form

More
8 years 6 months ago #142203 by wotnot
Completing SSCS1A form was created by wotnot
Hi All
I'm trying to complete the Appeal form and have gone through the ATOS report with a fine tooth comb. There are discrepancies and omissions on virtually every page of the report and I have written down a detailed list of each error/omission and corrected it. However, it's over 5 pages long which I'm assuming is far too long to attach to the Appeal form.

Also, I'm not too sure if she has actually completed the "Typical Day" correctly. By that I mean she didn't ask me what time I get up, what time I get dressed etc etc. She has completed the functional history part about preparing food, washing and bathing etc so I'm assuming that this is sufficient for the report but just wanted to check that she had actually followed procedure when completing it.

So what I want to know is how much information do I need to give at this stage? Do I just make a brief statement that I don't agree with the report on a number of points and so wish to appeal or do I go into more detail? Also, I have requested medical information including X-rays from the hospital and have an appointment to see my GP but won't have all this information before the deadline for appeal so do I simply state that I will forward this on as soon as I can?

Thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142219 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Completing SSCS1A form
wotnot

It's up to you how much information you provide, it can be a short paragraph on why you think the Decision is wrong or multiple page, at this stage you are only ensuring that you make a valid appeal request so that it is accepted by the Tribunal Service.

Once an appeal is lodged, you will receive a copy of all the information used in the making of the Decision and you can make a detailed submission arguing that you meet the criteria.

There is no legal definition of what needs to be included in the assessment, most assessors follow the same script but there may still be individual variations, so I don't think there is much mileage in raising this as an issue unless you can also show that it resulted in the assessor missing information that is relevant to the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142223 by wotnot
Replied by wotnot on topic Completing SSCS1A form
Thanks Gordon

So really I need to choose one or two damning errors?

In the Decision Maker's letter there's a discrepancy with distance. In one place there is an assumption that I can walk 40-80 metres in 1-2 minutes but in another that I can't walk more than 50 metres. This was taken from the report where the HP kept asking me to put a timeline on how far I could walk. I tried telling her I couldn't walk any distance without considerable pain but she wanted me to put a time on how far I could manage if I had to. In the end I picked "1-2 minutes" although with hindsight I realise that this was little ambitious. But she put me on the spot.

From this comment she has "suggested" that I would be able to walk between 40-80 metres but then ticked the 20-50 metres box.

They also haven't taken into consideration safety or reliability or the effects such an activity can have afterwards (I have fallen a number of times resulting in broken bones. I have also suffered unexplained fractures from simply standing still!)

Would that be sufficient at this stage do you think?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142227 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Completing SSCS1A form
wotnot

How to complete the SSCS1A is covered in the PIP Appeal guide.

Your reasons for appeal need to be based on you showing you meeting the criteria rather than errors in the assessment report, the difference may be subtle but is an important one, you can only receive an award because you meet the criteria for one, not because you have show that the assessment report is incorrect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142232 by wotnot
Replied by wotnot on topic Completing SSCS1A form
OK thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.