× Members

ESA IS IT TOO LATE?

• claimant
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142211 by claimant
ESA IS IT TOO LATE? was created by claimant
Hi
Since 2014 i have been diagnosed with narcolepsy + cataplexy, this on top of other disabilities!
Is it too late to ask to be changed from 'WRAG'?
If not what must i do?

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142220 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA IS IT TOO LATE?

claimant wrote: Hi
Since 2014 i have been diagnosed with narcolepsy + cataplexy, this on top of other disabilities!
Is it too late to ask to be changed from 'WRAG'?
If not what must i do?

Thank you

Hi c,

This is an absolute time limit of 13 months from the date of a decision/award notice letter in which you can lodge an MR request or an appeal.

Therefore, if the date of your WRAG decision notice letter was longer than 13 months ago, you cannot request a late MR/Appeal.

Even if you could, you would have to give good cause for your MR being late, and you would have to show that you should have been placed into The SG rather than the WRAG at the time of the WRAG decision.

Any change or deterioration in your medical conditions since that date would not be taken into account.

If your medical conditions have changed or deteriorated since that date to such an extent that you can now fulfil at least one of : The Functional SG (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Descriptors or you can qualify under : ESA Reg 35 for entry to The SG (LCWRA) you could report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) in writing asking that they carry out a review/supersession of your current WRAG award.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

Such a review would probably mean you filling in and returning a fresh ESA 50, and the possibility of a face to face assessment.

You should be aware that your current WRAG award will be reviewed from scratch.

If your review was successfully, any SG decision would run from the date of the letter that you wrote reporting the C of C.

See also : Qualifying for the Support Group

&

ESA Claims Guides

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.