× Members

New changes to eas claimants

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142341 by spasm
New changes to eas claimants was created by spasm
Quick question now IDS has come up with the idea of lowering the payment for esa claimants to the same amount as JSA from 2017, if as I am in the esa support-group and they decide in 2017 to put me in the wrag group would I then receive the lower allowance?

Yours spasm
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #142349 by
Replied by on topic New changes to eas claimants

spasm wrote: Quick question now IDS has come up with the idea of lowering the payment for esa claimants to the same amount as JSA from 2017, if as I am in the esa support-group and they decide in 2017 to put me in the wrag group would I then receive the lower allowance?

Yours spasm

Hi s,

As far as we are aware, current ESA recipients who are placed into The WRAG after April 2017 will still be entitled to the extra WRA Component Addition payment.

ESA work component likely to stay for current incapacity benefit claimants.

i.e. It will only be "new" ESA claimants who are affected by the April 2017 changes.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #142350 by spasm
Replied by spasm on topic New changes to eas claimants
Hi thank you for your reply, I thought as much after I had written it but I am seing my MP next week so will also ask him his opinion.

spasm
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.