× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Issue

• Delargy
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142376 by Delargy
Mandatory Reconsideration Issue was created by Delargy
Hi

Just wondered if anyone had ever had this issue.

I phoned on the 6th to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. The woman on the phone told me I MUST put the request in writing. I was happy with that as I have an appointment with a welfare advisor so planned to get them to help me.

This morning I got a decision. For the request that I was told wouldn't officially exist until I put it in writing?

I phoned up and the woman I spoke to today said that it stated that I was sending in evidence and she'd never seen it before. She said she'd get a case manager to call me back, but that it'd probably take 5 working days.

Anyone any idea what will happen? Is there a way to have a second reconsideration if the first shouldn't have been done? They haven't even any idea which bits I'm disagreeing with!

Also I'm now very, very worried about the face-to-face assessment that I had because there is a sentence in their reconsideration decision which says "at the assessment you said x..." which is the complete opposite to what I said!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142382 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Issue
Delargy

Unfortunately this happens all too often, the MR process is not really defined in law and the DWP seem to implement it much as it suits them.

You can push for a second Reconsideration, most members who have done this have got the DWP to look at their claim again, or, as you should now have a MR Notice, you can go straight on to appeal.

Our experience is that turnover rates at the MR stage are quite low, but they do happen, success rates at appeal are far higher.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.