× Members

Ankylosing Spondylitis

More
8 years 6 months ago #142392 by sophiekm
Ankylosing Spondylitis was created by sophiekm
I suffer with Ankylosing Spondylitis along with psoriasis,,bouts of Iriitis,, plantar fasctitis,, osteoarthritis, depression and anxiety.
I have just received the dreaded brown envelope, to change from Dla to Pip. I need to telephone them on Monday to ask to apply for PIP. Does anyone know what questions I will be asked, and how I should answer them?
Also does anyone know any relevant information for A.S. that I need to put on my form. I am practically housebound and rarely look on the internet, so any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142397 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Ankylosing Spondylitis
Hi Sophie,

As with DLA, PIP is awarded due to limitations and care/mobility needs rather than the specific condition you suffer from. Unlike DLA, the PIP assessment is points based (as is the ESA). If you can score the points you will get the benefit.

PIP help for claimants

Our PIP guides talk you through the process, from the initial call to filling in the PIP2 form that assesses your needs.

If/when you have specific questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142398 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Ankylosing Spondylitis
Hi Sophie,

As with DLA, PIP is awarded due to limitations and care/mobility needs rather than the specific condition you suffer from. Unlike DLA, the PIP assessment is points based (as is the ESA). If you can score the points you will get the benefit.

PIP help for claimants

Our PIP guides talk you through the process, from the initial call to filling in the PIP2 form that assesses your needs.

If/when you have specific questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.