× Members

PIP Deadlines

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142410 by jasperthedog
PIP Deadlines was created by jasperthedog
Hello,

I received a letter from the DWP last week telling me that my DLA will soon stop, and that I could make a claim for PIP.

The letter states:
"If you decide to claim PIP and if you follow the steps below then your DLA payments will continue until a decision is made on your claim to PIP:
- Start your claim to PIP.
- Complete and return, on time, the "How your disability affects you" form. When we send you this form we'll tell you when you have to send it back to us.
- Attend a consultation with a health professional if you're asked to attend one."

It then goes on to state:
"If you decide to claim PIP you must make a claim within 4 weeks from the date of this letter. If you don't make a claim by this date your DLA payments may stop".

What I'm not clear about is what I have to do within this 4 week deadline - by "make a claim" do they mean I just have to make the initial phone call to start my PIP claim, or are they expecting me to have completed and returned the PIP2 form as well? I don't have the PIP2 form yet, and I'd thought they gave you 4 weeks to complete the form from the date they actually sent it out to you.

I've looked through the Guide to Claiming PIP, but I'm still a bit confused by the deadlines. The reason I'm asking is that I will need as much time as possible to complete the form because I can only manage to do small bits at a time, so if I can make a start on a draft now, before making the phone call in a couple of weeks time, that would really help me.

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142415 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Deadlines
Hi Jasper,

This initial deadline is for you to start the process over the phone. There will be a further deadline to complete the PIP2 form once it arrives.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasperthedog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.