× Members

Deterioration after tribunal result

More
8 years 6 months ago #142426 by karen u
Deterioration after tribunal result was created by karen u
Hi first time post ,so please be patient if I get it wrong.My condition got much worse about six weeks ago. I moved from dla to pip this year and got HRM and SRC, I appealed and had hearing last week , was too ill to attend and lost paper appeal. I will write for statement of reasons . How long do I have to wait before I report my worsened condition as I am not sure yet if it will be permanent. Thanks for any help.Site has been invaluable for the last few years with both PIP and ESw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142435 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Deterioration after tribunal result

karen u wrote: Hi first time post ,so please be patient if I get it wrong.My condition got much worse about six weeks ago. I moved from dla to pip this year and got HRM and SRC, I appealed and had hearing last week , was too ill to attend and lost paper appeal. I will write for statement of reasons . How long do I have to wait before I report my worsened condition as I am not sure yet if it will be permanent. Thanks for any help.Site has been invaluable for the last few years with both PIP and ESw

I assume you retained the original award?

Do you expect the worsened condition to result in additional points? Would these result in a change of award? If not then you may not be required to report the change.

You need to wait until you have a reasonable expectation that the deterioration is permanent, also any change needs to have effected you for three months before it can be considered in regard an award, although you do not need to wait this long before reporting it.

The DWP appear to be treating any reported Change of Circumstances as a reason to re-assess the claim, so you need to be prepared for this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142586 by karen u
Replied by karen u on topic Deterioration after tribunal result
Thanks for the reply, I think I should have got higher for both ,but got HRM and SRC.As my condition is now even worse I will report a change of circumstances.I did initiate my own transfer from dla and did get an increase from low care on dla to standard on Pip.My one bit of advice would be to have the assessment recorded, I did not and regret it. I think the hcp made her mind up before she saw me and made the report fit , alas cannot prove it. I found the whole process dreadful ,but refuse to give in to what I feel is bullying of people at their lowest ebb. The advice you gave me is just what I needed

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.