× Members

Pip Tribunal

More
8 years 6 months ago #142427 by Trales9
Pip Tribunal was created by Trales9
Hi,I have my pip tribunal coming up and I have 10 points for moving around but think I should gave been awarded 12 ,when they say 10 mtrs no more than 20/50 Mtrs what does repeatedly and safely mean ?
Due to my conditions I can walk but I am in pain from the first step so in reality I can't walk 10 metres without pain and discomfort,I am awaiting a doctors letter that states due to my arthritic hip I would have pain upon walking ,will this help?
Do I explain that I am in pain from the first step never mind 10 Mtrs?
At my atos assesment I had put on my form I couldn't walk 10 metres without pain and the assessor said she couldn't put that as it would mean I would be housebound so she put 20/50 mtrs,I was only being truthfully when I filled my form in as I thought if I was in pain that would count,I'm now confused.
Any help with how I explain this would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142436 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Tribunal
Trales

I'm afraid this area is not clearly defined!

Safely does not mean that the PIP activities must be completed without any pain, there is an expectation that claimants will experience some level of discomfort or even pain when completing the PIP activities, you need to argue that the level you experience is not reasonable to score points.

Only the distance you can walk without your pain becoming unreasonable should be considered, remember the test is "stand and then walk" so if you also have problems standing this should be included in your answer.

Repeatability means being to repeat an activity to a particular level within a reasonable timescale, there is no definition of what these time periods might be, it is for you to argue. For example, being able to walk 100m after a break of 30 seconds may be considered reasonable whereas a 30 second break every 10m may not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.