× Members

Someone else writing ESA-50 and signing it?

More
8 years 6 months ago #142445 by annie-rose
Hi,

My Dad has had to write my ESA-50 as I got stuck writing and re-writing due to magical thinking (a symptom of my mental illness). I think it may be a case of asking the assessor to read my ESA form when we get to the assessment because it is two weeks away so they probably won't see it in time.

Is it ok that my Dad had to write it? can they reject/refuse to read it on this basis? Can I still sign the form because I agree with what my Dad has written?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142462 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Someone else writing ESA-50 and signing it?

Ellie wrote: Hi,

My Dad has had to write my ESA-50 as I got stuck writing and re-writing due to magical thinking (a symptom of my mental illness). I think it may be a case of asking the assessor to read my ESA form when we get to the assessment because it is two weeks away so they probably won't see it in time.

Is it ok that my Dad had to write it? can they reject/refuse to read it on this basis? Can I still sign the form because I agree with what my Dad has written?

Thanks

If your father wrote the ESA50 in the first person (e.g. I can't do X) then you should sign it.

If it is in the third person (e.g. she cannot do X) then he should sign it but you can sign it as well to show that you are happy with the contents.

In either case you need to include an explanation of why he has written it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• apricot
8 years 6 months ago #142478 by apricot
Replied by apricot on topic Someone else writing ESA-50 and signing it?
Hi,

If you post it, and keep a copy for you, and take a copy to the assessment, they may get it in time to read it in advance. I posted one just one week before, and it was in the assessors file.

However, if they don't receive it until the assessment, perhaps you can get them to read it in front of you, as you know they haven't read it.

Do take someone with you as a witness and note-taker.

Best wishes

More
8 years 6 months ago #142497 by annie-rose
Replied by annie-rose on topic Someone else writing ESA-50 and signing it?
Thanks very much Gordon and Apricot,

Apricot, that's good that they had it on file.

I can't go to any appointments without one of my parents and can't get to the assessment centre alone (I can't drive/go by bus etc.) but I am so incredibly anxious about it. I don't talk to anyone apart from my family and via email so I don't know how it's going to work and how I will talk to the assessor.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142500 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Someone else writing ESA-50 and signing it?
You could be entitled to a home assessment if that would be easier.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.