× Members

ESA appeal, JSA Sanction - How long does appeal ra

More
8 years 6 months ago #142451 by Scotboy
So I am appealing my ESA, and they received the appeal last week, not acknowledged yet (sent recorded). I asked to be returned to assessment rate and wondered how long this will take, as my JSA meeting today was very strange.

I have therefore been on JSA three weeks, singing on for third time gave me a different guy and strangely security guard with him before we spoke a word, I documented searches but when asked I said I hadnt seen any appropriate vacancies for my experience and current position this week, so he said sending my case to decision maker probably sanctioned, gave me some hardship form and mentioned applying with bank statements. Will ESA assessment rate be unaffected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142464 by Gordon
Scotboy

The Tribunal Service should acknowledge the appeal within 10 days, it's usually a lot quicker. They'll send you an acknowledgement letter and a copy will also be sent to the DWP. I would leave it a couple of days after you receive the letter to contact the DWP, you need to specifically request that your ESA is re-instated at the Assessment rate.

If you are sanctioned then this will apply to your JSA claim and not ESA so there will be no impact on your ESA, however, you may want to challenge any sanction as it will remain in place until removed or the requirement is met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scotboy

More
8 years 6 months ago #142479 by Scotboy
Thanks, signing on for JSA today I was told my JSA was temporarily stopped as I may not be doing enough for my claim for 6 Oct to 19 Oct, weird I was on jsa for several months before finding a good role but I was in the end just totally too unwell well enough to do, this time I have daily filled in the sign on book with internet searches, but told being sent to decision maker, which I guess takes 4 weeks without jsa at least?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.