× Members

redacting

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142475 by tector
redacting was created by tector
using foi rules i recently got my mental health records. in 2013 i had an examination and the consultant psychiatrist diagnosed social anxiety. id like to send this with my esa 50 but would it be ok to redact the personal stuff and send copies of the letter with just the diagnosis. its dated 2013. is that too old?
also from the same date i have a referral from my gp saying i have severe neuropathic pain on my legs. this is also dated 2013. would this be an ok timeframe too to submit

thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142484 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic redacting
Hi tector,

I think it would be preferable not to use redacted documents if possible - the DWP are bound to suspect that you are trying to hide information not in your favour. For your social anxiety I suggest that you should also find something more recent that says how you are now, or that your condition has not improved/has worsened or whatever is the case*.

The neuropathic pain is likely to be less variable but you will have to show that you have not 'adapted' to your condition and/or that it is not adequately relieved by treatment.

*If possible but I know that many people are 'parked' by the NHS as there is nothing more than can be offered. You cannot submit what you do not have.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.