× Members

how to appeal a mandatory reconsideration notice?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142487 by fastmoggy
Hi all,
When that' Negative' letter arrives and you think you have a strong case against that decision, what is the procedure to appeal against that decision?
Are there forms here like the sscs1 to advance from that stage or do they include such forms with their decision for you to appeal?
At the moment we are still waiting for wife's decision, 3 weeks now! so if all goes against her we have a flying start to beat their unfair deadline to lodge that appeal.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142491 by slugsta
Hi fm,

I am a little unsure of where you are in the process at the moment, although I think it is PIP you are talking about?

If the decision on the claim is not what you hoped, your first step would be to submit a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration. There is a sample letter in the PIP appeal guide.

If the MR does not go in your wife's favour, the letter will contain a form that you must then send to the Tribunal Service for your appeal to be accepted. Again, the PIP appeal guide will talk you through the process

PIP help for claimants

If I have totally misunderstood, please reply to this and we will do our best to help!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.