× Members

contribution based esa ending

• keith boswell
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142507 by keith boswell
contribution based esa ending was created by keith boswell
hi my contribution based esa is coming to an end shortly and on the day maximus phoned to cancel my wca and im still waiting for a new appointment. not sure if i qualify for income related esa as my wife works, will i still get a wca to see if i can get in support group after they stop paying my contribution based esa
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142508 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic contribution based esa ending
Hi K and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I don't know if you meant to use your real name as your username? Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change this, you can do so easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Once your ESA payment stops your claim will remain open and you will continue to be awarded NI credits which will count towards your State Retirement Pension. while your claim remains open, you will also be subjected to periodic reassessments, you would not have to undergo Work Related Interviews or activities. If you are placed into the Support Group at a future reassessment, payment will recommence.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If you can show that your condition has worsened since your last assessment, such that you now meet at least one of the SG descriptors, you can request a reassessment yourself.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Whether you are eligible for Income-Related ESA depends on your household income and assets and also on how many hours your wife works. 24 hours and above means no eligibility, whatever the earnings.

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

If it seems that you might be entitled to IR ESA, you should contact DWP and ask for an ESA3, this is a form that takes details of your financial status.

If you were working until the start of this ESA claim, and have paid NI contributions, it is possible that you might be able to make an entirely new ESA claim and qualify for another 365 days payment. If you think this might be the case, I would recommend that you get face 2 face advice as closing this claim would be catastrophic if you then found you could not make another one!

Please reply to this message if you have further questions and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now, or if you click on your username when signed into the forum :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

• keith boswell
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142535 by keith boswell
Replied by keith boswell on topic contribution based esa ending
thank you first i am going to phone maximus to see if i can get the wca rescheduled asap as i feel i do meet the support group descriptors i was worried that if the wca interveiw hadnt taken place before the 365 days are up that would be it and i had no chance of getting into the support group. i have been fortunate in that i have paid NI contributions for 34 probably about 30 years if you take out times when have been off sick over the 34 years. reading through the guides now i realise had i read them before i filled in the form i would probably gone straight into the support group but at the time i was to ill

More
8 years 6 months ago #142538 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic contribution based esa ending
Boz

Maximus / HAAS normally have to give seven days written notification of an assessment, so if you are prepared to accept a short notice one, it may be possible to arrange something quite quickly as they have a lot of drop outs on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142543 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic contribution based esa ending
Hi boz,

My initial reply overlooked the fact that you have not yet had your initial WCA. That means that my bit about requesting reassessment does not apply at the moment, but everything else is relevant. :blush:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.