× Members

worried work may effect pip

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142545 by Gina1985
worried work may effect pip was created by Gina1985
Hello I have searched the forum but can't find anything that answers my questions ,I suffer from ice ,sciatica and anxiety .i work 16 hours a week I struggle with it and it gets me down I know pip is not means tested but wouldn't go against me that I actually work and will they ask me loads of work related questions at the face to face ? Also just wondered if you knew how long roughly it is taking at the moment from when you send the form off (yesterday) to having to go for the face to face I am panicking like mad as suffer from panic attacks aswell this whole things making my symptoms worse .thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142554 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic worried work may effect pip

Gina1985 wrote: Hello I have searched the forum but can't find anything that answers my questions ,I suffer from ice ,sciatica and anxiety .i work 16 hours a week I struggle with it and it gets me down I know pip is not means tested but wouldn't go against me that I actually work and will they ask me loads of work related questions at the face to face ? Also just wondered if you knew how long roughly it is taking at the moment from when you send the form off (yesterday) to having to go for the face to face I am panicking like mad as suffer from panic attacks aswell this whole things making my symptoms worse .thanks

Hi G1985,

Although PIP is an "in-work benefit", questions may be raised regarding how you manage to carry out any of the duties involved in your job if they are contradictory to your stated limitations/disabilities that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions.

In saying that, many DLA/PIP recipients also manage to hold down employment.

It is not a definite that you will have to take part in a face to face if you have provided enough evidence for them to make a paper based assessment.

Things do seem to have speeded up with the PIP assessment process, and we are hearing from members where they are receiving appointments for assessments within a fortnight of returning their PIP 2 Form.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.