× Members

ESA Tribunal & Fibromyalgia

More
8 years 6 months ago #142696 by marnot
Replied by marnot on topic ESA Tribunal & Fibromyalgia
Hi
Thankyou everyone for your replies, I have now got my tribunal date through 6/11/15 and am gathering all my info/reports/letters together to send in.

I will let you all the know the outcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142744 by jayjay1963
Replied by jayjay1963 on topic ESA Tribunal & Fibromyalgia
Hi
I wanted to say that i also have Fibro and won my case for DLA with it 7 yrs ago.
I can only say that the doctors these days know what this is more than they did a few years ago.
I have Lupus as well and i had not met many people including doc's that knew anything about it, and even haden't heard of it before!
Today I'm glad to say many more of the important people know much more about this condition, it cripples me, i don't know about you, but i would think you are the same.
Get as many medical reports as you can, you nedd this in wrtting otherwise they don't take any notice of you.
If you have a good doctor then he/she should be able to help your claim,by writting a letter for you to take, or by putting it in your notes (as they have accsess to them anyway when you have a medical) so make sure everythings on your notes!
I really hope that it goes well for you, i will keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Do let us know how you get on.
Debbi:))

More
8 years 6 months ago #142756 by sarahjane
Replied by sarahjane on topic ESA Tribunal & Fibromyalgia
hi i also have fibro and Gordons correct, its about the limitations, we all know that days and weeks vary, so do both a good day how ur pain is and on bad day, its the pain and the inflammation of the fibro that affect my mobility being limited, i get esa support and hrm on dla (in n.ireland we not on pip yet) Tell them how long it can do a "simple" task like showering and the effort it takes to perform tasks, good luck

More
8 years 6 months ago #142764 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Tribunal & Fibromyalgia

"jayjay1963post wrote:
If you have a good doctor then he/she should be able to help your claim,by writting a letter for you to take, or by putting it in your notes (as they have accsess to them anyway when you have a medical) so make sure everythings on your notes!
I really hope that it goes well for you, i will keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Do let us know how you get on.
Debbi:))

The DWP/assessors do not have access to your GP records. In fact, they rarely even contact the claimant's GP! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.