× Members

pip medical assessment

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142552 by Naz1974
pip medical assessment was created by Naz1974
Hello

Just wanted to share this.
I had my PIP assessment yesterday and it was awful. It was more like an interrogation then a medical assessment.

I had my friend with me for support but he was told not to talk as she wanted to hear it from me.

I was out of it on my medication slurring and by all accounts not making much sense; I kept asking my friend to help when I really didn't understand and when he spoke up she apparently didn't note anything down.

All I remember is her asking me what my symptoms were and when I answered she would say that's not a symptom and we will get to that bit. I was so confused.

She tried to get me to squat and bend and I have a bad back so couldn't when she tried the physical assessment and I couldn't lift my leg any higher she was making me feel inadequate saying is that it etc.

She was horrible and the worse thing was she's a nurse so she is meant to care!

I'm not sure if I complain about her if it will.go against my PIP application? I just wouldn't want anyone to go through that ordeal.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Naz1974
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142560 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip medical assessment
Hi Naz,

I am sorry you went through such an awful time. You can certainly complain about the way your face2face assessment was carried out. This can be to the Healthcare Provider (either ATOS or Capita) and/or the NMC, which is the nurses' regulatory body.

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

Complaining to Capita

Complaining to NMC

You might also want to let your MP know how badly you were treated.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.