× Members

Home assessment

• Junelauchlan
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142580 by Junelauchlan
Home assessment was created by Junelauchlan
Hi folks, i just recently joined up and very worried over my face to face to change over from dla to pip, i get both the high rate care and mobility, i was initially refused point blank fir a home visit but at the last hour they caved in and now awaiting a date for this, a nurse from atos called to tell me there was enough information on my form for her to know i wasnt able to travel, after all the hassle i had getting letters from my gp, what a joke!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Junelauchlan
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142581 by Junelauchlan
Replied by Junelauchlan on topic Home assessment
I have a face to face coming up soon, surely someone with mobility problems would never be asked to bend stoop or stretch? Thats against health and safety? Was the doctor trained to lift and handle? Would we have a right to claim any injury? I have no balance so hope they bring some able bodied helpers with them, would it go against you if you decided not to partake in a physical exam, i certainly am getting worried now

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142593 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Home assessment
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have merged your two posts together to avoid confusion, which can be caused by tagging on to someone else's topic.

Any physical exam should be pretty basic, and although you should not point blank refuse to carry out any requests from The Assessor, you should let them know if you are unable to carry out any actions, or doing so would cause you risk, pain and/or discomfort.

The face to face should be more of a Q & A session, you can choose the room that you wish it to take place, and you can have someone else present.

You can read what to expect from around Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You might also find : This Post informative.

Good luck and please return to let us know how you got on !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.