× Members

Residential care funding

More
8 years 6 months ago #142598 by astpierre
Residential care funding was created by astpierre
My daughter lived in a private residential care home for young people when she left college. She had to leave there very suddenly after being assaulted by a member of staff. An urgent place had to be found for her and we were bullied into trying a residential house share with two other people round the corner from me in a secluded bungalow. Her house mates have a much higher dependancy of need and neither of them can communicate with her. One of her housemates now has Alzheimer's and occasionally hits my daughter. She is 36, very lonely and unhappy and wants to move. She prefers living in a group situation. We have found somewhere she loves, with a vacancy, around the corner from her sister and her niece and she is desperate to go. Where she is now charges £800, where she wants to go charges £1400. The Social worker is unsupportive and says when she does the assessment of need she might end up with less. I am disabled myself, in receipt of Pip at the enhanced rate for both and also need to move to be nearer my able bodied daughter, near the new group home and I am on the housing list. Please Help!! I can't find the funding criteria's and I desperately need advice!! The two places are in separate Authorities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142608 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Residential care funding
Astpierre

I'm afraid that this is not an area that we advise on but the links on the following search may be of assistance.

www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=residential+care+funding

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.