× Members

Just got 0 points

• Jeanette Harrison
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142602 by Jeanette Harrison
Just got 0 points was created by Jeanette Harrison
Hi ppl I went for medical assessment few weeks ago got letter saying 0 points...
I suffer from
Rheumatoid osteo & inflammatory arthritis
Any tips from anyone on my next step???
Saw a so called healthcare professional who knows nothing about me
Why don't they take into consideration the fact my doc has signed me off sick for 2 years
Someone who knows me well and obviously sees me as unfit for work
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142612 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Just got 0 points
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Your username appears to be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change your username, you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am sorry that you are going through this. From your comments about work, I assume you are applying for ESA? You need to be aware that this benefit is not awarded because you are unable to work, per se, but because you meet certain specific descriptors.

Your options now are to accept the decision or request a Mandatory Reconsideration. No further payments will be made until a decision is made to award your ESA or the MR does not go in your favour and a formal appeal is accepted by the Tribunal Service (this can only happen after an unsuccessful MR). If you need money meanwhile you will have to sign on for JSA, you would be able to negotiate reduced conditionality.

If going down the MR route, please ensure that you get 'fitnotes' to cover the period from the day after you were last paid ESA until a new decision is made. don't give this to the JobCentre if you claim JSA, keep it to one side!

You will need to submit an request for MR within 4 weeks of the date on the decision letter.

Have a read of the ESA MR and appeal resources and come back when you have further questions.

Mandatory Reconsiderations

ESA claims and appeals

* I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to your post, I was called away in the middle of doing so!

This message contains confidential information

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142625 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic Just got 0 points
Ask for a copy of consultants notes and xray/mri for your problrms and send then in.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.