× Members

PIP processed after appeal

More
8 years 6 months ago #142626 by sam merrin
PIP processed after appeal was created by sam merrin
Hi

Has anyone had any problems getting PIP to start once they have had their appeal allowed?

The DWP told me they haven't received the Decision Notice, and kept telling me to phone the Courts, the Courts have told me that the DWP shouldn't have been telling me to do that, they should have applied for a copy of the decision notice! I have been pushed from pillar to post and 3 weeks after the appeal I still haven't got anywhere. The DWP have also told me that they have 28 days from when they actually get to see the Decision Notice to appeal the decision if they don't agree with it; so I could still end up with nothing! :angry:

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142638 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP processed after appeal
Have you received the Decision Notice?
If so can you forward a copy onto the DWP.
If not you should chase up your own copy.
Notices should be issued automatically to both sides as soon as practicable after the hearing.
If you don't have a copy then maybe you could chase the court for your own copy.
The DWP know what the proceedure is.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142746 by sam merrin
Replied by sam merrin on topic PIP processed after appeal
Yes I was given the Decision Notice on the day of my appeal and the Appeal Court have told me a copy was electronically sent to the DWP that day too but the DWP are still saying they never received it. I have now sent a copy of my Decision Notice, sent it recorded delivery so they can't say it never arrived.

The Appeal Court told me too that the DWP know what the procedure is but that doesn't seemed to have made much difference; they are still delaying the process.

I am just hoping they don't start to appeal the decision once they have finally received it.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142753 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP processed after appeal
Seems to me they would have appealed already so are just being the DWP. Don't want anyone getting happy from winning what they're entitled to.

Lets hope it all gets sorted soon and backdated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.