× Members

PIP not backdated after change from DLA

• andrew
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142642 by andrew
I had dla for mobility only. I applied for pip after a change due to needing care. I recieved a pip questionare in july filled in and returned. Had my medical in october. Have just recieved a letter to say my dla will end in november and that i am getting higer rates starting in november
Does anyone know if i should have had this backdated or will ringing up about it create more problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142675 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP not backdated after change from DLA

andrew wrote: I had dla for mobility only. I applied for pip after a change due to needing care. I recieved a pip questionare in july filled in and returned. Had my medical in october. Have just recieved a letter to say my dla will end in november and that i am getting higer rates starting in november
Does anyone know if i should have had this backdated or will ringing up about it create more problems

I'm afraid as your DLA remained in payment, there will be no back dating of the PIP award.

The Government's argument is that as the intention of PIP is to reduce the disability budget by at least 20%, many claimants will see a reduced award or even no award at all and if they applied the backdating rules these claimants would have to pay their overpaid benefits back, this is of course rubbish, the legislation could have been worded to avoid this, but it wasn't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.