× Members

CAPITA PIP training packs

More
8 years 6 months ago #142648 by John Raymond
CAPITA PIP training packs was created by John Raymond
My understanding from the latest "Benefits and Work" Newsletter,is that CAPITA have made available, able to the former a ,PIP "Training pack".
There appears to be some rather contentious guidelines for assessment professionals, which include possibly subjective sterotyping of applicants.
Could Benefits and Work advise where members can obtain this document too please or make it available to download on the Work and benefits website.
With many thanks,
JR
The topic has been locked.
  • foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142655 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic CAPITA PIP training packs
There are issues of confidentiality relating to putting the entire document on a public website.

We are not aware of any proceedure for obtaining this document.
More
8 years 6 months ago #142683 by John Raymond
Replied by John Raymond on topic CAPITA PIP training packs
Thankyou for your prompt reply.
I anticipated this type of response however.
If there are "Confidentiality issues",why have Capita allowed Benefits and Work to have access to it then?
The very organisation that Capita would be the least likely to make this information available to ,one would have thought.
Secondly why did you bother to mention the document from Capita in the first place then?
The very people who may well be the ones most misrepresent by sterotyping ie the PIP applicants ought to know how they are about to be misrepresented at least;
Don't you agree.
I will consult Re the freedom of information act and Data Protection act.
What is the nature of the confidential information in this PIP training pack ?
If individuals have al ready been falsely stereotyped and they don't even realise they have, then this will be a job for the civil Courts.,in my view
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon
  • foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142734 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic CAPITA PIP training packs
The post does not state that Capita allowed B&W to have the report.

The bit published warned readers of the type of training Capita is giving to its staff.

It is right that claimants know what training Capita is giving to its staff.

FOI requests are often refused on the grounds of commercially sensitive information which could give an advantage to competitors. This could be the sort of confidentiality issue that surrounds publishing the document.

Now you know it exists. What you do with that info is up to you.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.