× Members

Speedy Mandatory Reconsideration

More
8 years 6 months ago #142652 by welshlass
Speedy Mandatory Reconsideration was created by welshlass
Hi
Would be grateful for some advice please.
Having been refused mobility component of Pip on transfer from DLA, following the excellent guides I requested a MR for my husbands case. The whole thing has been completed within a week!
The DWP having told me I had 28 days to provide additional evidence have just gone ahead and made the decision - again a refusal.
The whole process has been full of mistakes right from the beginning (including my husband apparently becoming female!!) and today I have been told to write a covering letter and send the additional evidence, which I am still trying to obtain.
My question is please, should I take this straight to appeal and hope along with additional evidence and complete incompetency of everyone at Capita and DWP, that we have the decision cast in his favour or carry on and allow the DWP to reconsider the MR?

I have no fear of appealing, as having used the excellent guides before, we have successfully attained the correct awards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142657 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Speedy Mandatory Reconsideration
I take it you have a written notice of the MR.

If so I would go straight to appeal and send in all the evidence you were denied presenting to the MR, stating that they broke their rules by not allowing you the statutory 28 days.
I might also make a formal complaint against the MR for not adhering to MR rules on evidence submission but don't give them a chance to cover it up. Its just as likely they will mess you around for weeks and refuse the MR again anyway.
With the written notice you can take it steaight to appeal and expose their shabby tricks.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142658 by welshlass
Replied by welshlass on topic Speedy Mandatory Reconsideration
Thank you.
We do have written confirmation of the MR. I am awaiting a phone call from the DWP decision maker after todays discussion with their helpline. I think we will just start appeal proceedings and prepare for a fight!

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142663 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Speedy Mandatory Reconsideration
Well done and good luck.
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.