× Members

5 SPINAL FRACTURES DUE TO OSTEOPOROSIS

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142666 by pippa51
I just joined today as have had a letter from DLA saying I must apply for PIP now despite the fact that I was given until 2016 so five years.
I have been looking for some information as to whether certain conditions such as mine are more likely to be successful. Added to that I have osteo arthritis and have 2 hip replacements, one had to be redone this year due to several chronic experiences of dislocations and not being able to get up and requiring hospitalisation. I am 64 and would love any help anyone can give me on moving forward with Pip. thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142680 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 5 SPINAL FRACTURES DUE TO OSTEOPOROSIS
Hi Pippa and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

PIP will be awarded because of your care and/or mobility needs rather than the actual condition/s from which you suffer.

I suggest you use our PIP guides to give yourself the best chance of presenting your case in a way that is most likely to get the result you deserve.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now, or if you click on your user name when logged into the forum :)

PS - I have deleted your duplicate thread. Please note that every post on this forum has to be approved by a moderator before being made public. Mods are only guaranteed to be on-line during the hours of 14.00 - 15.30 and 20.00 - 21.30 Mon - Fri inclusive. Even during these hours, how long your post takes to appear depends on how many (voluntary) mods are on-line and how many posts we have to deal with.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.