× Members

occupation pension

More
8 years 6 months ago #142699 by tango
occupation pension was created by tango
hi everybody
i am in receipt of esa cotribution based and get income based top ups on top of this.
due to my condition i get all the disability premiums on top of my esa minus my works pension.
i contacted my housing authority about my change in circumstances re ESA income based top ups and they said that nothing had changed and i would still have to pay the same amount towards my rent.

my question is can the council take into account my works pension when this has already been taken into account when calculating how much esa income based top ups i get. They knock the full amount of my works pension off my esa income based top ups.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks Tango

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142702 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic occupation pension
Tango

We don't advise on Housing Benefit on the forum but my understanding is that HB does not operate in the same way as ESA in as much as the calculation is whether you receive HB or not and the banding that you fall within, so I suspect that even with the deduction of your pension your banding has not changed.

If you are still in doubt then I would suggest that you get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tango

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.