× Members

PIP payment decision letter

More
8 years 6 months ago #142738 by Just me098
PIP payment decision letter was created by Just me098
Hello,

I received my letter today informing me that I got 19 points for daily living and nothing for mobility. I disagree with the mobility aspect and would like to ask for a MR.

In tne letter it under "Decision makers reasoning" cor mobility it states:

"You said you can manage moving around. I agree you can manag with this activity. You said you have difficulties with planning and following journeys. I agree you have difficulties. This is consistent with your medical history and availsble evidence. I cannot consider any help you need not covered by the activities for daily living and mobility, including the use of taxis or public transport. I havedecided not to review your award before April 2017"

I suffer with clinical depression, severe anxiety/panic attacks andflash backs since returning from South Africa in december as I was raped.
I get myself into such a state and have really bad mental breakdowns when I leave my house as I fear of being violently attacked again. I get into such distressed states that I start hyperventilating and get a mental block where I dont know where I am, what I am doing, become violent and threatening "flight or flight mode" and have tried to jump infront of a car when in this state consequently being admitted to a mental health hospital afterwards. I also wanted to jump off a bridge near by when I got into such a distressed state.
In august of this year I toom an overdose of 137 tablets and was admitted to hospital again. I've had 3 admissions since february of this year.
I never leave my house anymore because I feel so overwhelmed and distressed that I put myself in dangerous situations.

Can anyone advise as to how you suggest I can go about the mobility component please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP payment decision letter
JuSt me098

Please see my answer to your post from yesterday. if you have additional questions then please re-post.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=105901#142571

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.