× Members

Life long DLA claiments

More
8 years 6 months ago #142742 by jayjay1963
Life long DLA claiments was created by jayjay1963
Hello all.
What i wanted to say is that i had to fight for my DLA for a year and a half before going to court in the end to get it awarded to me for life.
I have Lupus/Discoid lupus/osteoparosis/arthritis/deppression, thats a few of them! and am taking a mountain of tablets everyday, i have to take morphine everyday just so i can walk a little bit.
I just really really cannot understand how atos or anyone else for that matter can over rule paperwork from the courts and stamped by them saying i have this for life!
I didn't think that anyone could over rule a courts decision?? and if this is true, i think that law is all wrong!
I have had full benefit of DLA for 7 years now, i live with my husband and we have a carer 7 days a week for me and my husband, this we have payments from Adult social services, and yes i count myself very very lucky to have this, because with out it we would both be in big trouble.
What is this now, one rule for one, and one rule for the other?
I haven't as yet been 'invited to claim PLP' but was thinking of taking my case to a newspaper and giving them the story and see what happens with that?
It maybe a good idea i really don't know, (I don't know what to do for the best really) the one thing i do know is my day will come....to re claim :(
My husband also gets DLA but was re assessed and has his for the normal 2 years, having to re claim again next year.
So does anyone have any advise of what i should do? anything will help at the moment, as I'm worried sick and have not been asked to claim yet!
If you do reply thanks very much to you all.
Kepp well and thank you so much.:))
Debbi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142747 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Life long DLA claiments
JayJay

I'm sorry but you need to be aware that you do not have a lifetime award of DLA and even if you did, the Government have enacted new legislation which means that you cannot retain your DLA in the long term. There really is no point your trying to take this to the press.

As to your being prepared for PIP, I would start by reading our PIP Claim guide on the following link and if you have any questions return to the forum.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.