× Members

PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success

More
8 years 6 months ago #142766 by timber
PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success was created by timber
I was transferred over from DLA to PIP this summer but as I had previously been receiving lower rate home care and lower rate Mobility component but was informed I would now only qualify for lower rate home component of PIP, I appealed.
I contacted Citizens Advice Bureau, who referred me to a Welfare Benefits adviser from my local council and they sent in a submission on my behalf in advance and a rep. accompanied me to the actual Tribunal.
The Tribunal panel consisted of a GP, a Chairman who had some legal background and a woman with some experience of disability issues and the DWP sent a representative to fight the case.
My case took 45 minutes to discuss, then we were all sent out of the room for a further 35 minutes while the panel made their decision. I had my lower rate Mobility element re-installed, but my lower rate home component stayed at the lower rate ( I was apparently only 1 point short of the higher rate,and had queried this) , the other point I had questioned was an award of only 2 years duration as my GP had sent in a supporting letter stating my conditions were highly unlikely to change but the award remains as 2 years. A very traumatic experience, but well worth undergoing and I would recommend contacting a benefits adviser to support you through the whole procedure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142778 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success
benmonspe

Congratulations on getting the original Decision overturned.

In case you are not aware a Standard Daily Living Award (the lower rate) is equivalent to DLA Medium Rate Care so you have actually received a higher award now that the Mobility has been re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris