× Members

PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success

More
8 years 6 months ago #142766 by timber
PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success was created by timber
I was transferred over from DLA to PIP this summer but as I had previously been receiving lower rate home care and lower rate Mobility component but was informed I would now only qualify for lower rate home component of PIP, I appealed.
I contacted Citizens Advice Bureau, who referred me to a Welfare Benefits adviser from my local council and they sent in a submission on my behalf in advance and a rep. accompanied me to the actual Tribunal.
The Tribunal panel consisted of a GP, a Chairman who had some legal background and a woman with some experience of disability issues and the DWP sent a representative to fight the case.
My case took 45 minutes to discuss, then we were all sent out of the room for a further 35 minutes while the panel made their decision. I had my lower rate Mobility element re-installed, but my lower rate home component stayed at the lower rate ( I was apparently only 1 point short of the higher rate,and had queried this) , the other point I had questioned was an award of only 2 years duration as my GP had sent in a supporting letter stating my conditions were highly unlikely to change but the award remains as 2 years. A very traumatic experience, but well worth undergoing and I would recommend contacting a benefits adviser to support you through the whole procedure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142778 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal Tribunal partial success
benmonspe

Congratulations on getting the original Decision overturned.

In case you are not aware a Standard Daily Living Award (the lower rate) is equivalent to DLA Medium Rate Care so you have actually received a higher award now that the Mobility has been re-instated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.