× Members

PIP decision

More
8 years 6 months ago #142865 by Mrs Fred
PIP decision was created by Mrs Fred
I have received a PIP decision this morning, without a medical assessment. I have been awarded the standard rate for mobility but nothing for daily living. I only scored 6 points for the daily living and looking at their reasons for decisions, it is clear they have not read my application form!!!! I was given 0 points for a few descriptors, which is fine but the 2 that I most definitely should have scored points on are engaging with people face to face and making budgeting decisions. My application form couldn't have been more explicit when it came to these 2. I have written an appeal letter clearly stating my concern over their decisions. I feel that they decided how many points to give me, and then shared them out amongst the descriptors, completely ignoring some very important information. They also decided that I can plan and take a journey on my own on a regular basis, again my application clearly stating that I do not go out on my own, EVER, and when I do, I go out with my husband because of my illness, symptoms, anxiety, side effects from medication etc.

I will send my appeal letter out on Monday and just wait and see!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastmoggy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142880 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP decision
I hope you mean the MR request and that you used our guide to help you.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Good luck and let us know if you need any further assistance.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected url

More
8 years 6 months ago #143044 by Mrs Fred
Replied by Mrs Fred on topic PIP decision
Sorry, yes I meant MR!!! My letter has gone in and I am now just waiting!!!

I definitely used the guides, they were incredibly helpful.

Thank you and I will let you know when I receive a decision.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143086 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic PIP decision
Hi, We are in the exact same position!
When wife was being 'grilled' and im being polite here! I was sat to the side and rear of the HCP as out house is quite small and I noticed that she was using quite a lot of the pull down menus on her laptop which I guess are the 'prepared' answers to the questions they asked!!
As her 'appointee' and possibly her representative(again!) i will be highlighting out where she should have had points awarded and evidence to substantiate our concerns and not to point out that their report is flawed as then i guess they will look at the whole report and then points removed!
It will be interesting to see how we both progress with this new MR procedure and to see if we get the points missing from the initial assessment rather than have to be dragged through the whole tribunal procedure which as far as i know has no fixed timescale.

Ok good luck to you both

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.