× Members

Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)

More
8 years 6 months ago #142934 by linda w.
Reconsideration of esa (WRAG) was created by linda w.
Hi. I had a assessment for ESA 19th Oct. I was already in WRAG group and trying to get into support group. I waited 17 months for the assessment which I had last monday 19th then today got a letter from DWP dated 21st that they had made a decision for the WRAG group (Last time I had to go to court after receiving 0 points). Is this very quick meaning they only took one day to go through the report and make a decision. I am going to telephone them asking for a copy of the report ( have a tape as it was recorded). Do I ask them for a reconsideration to support group in the same phone call or do I wait and see the report first.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142943 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)

linda w. wrote: Hi. I had a assessment for ESA 19th Oct. I was already in WRAG group and trying to get into support group. I waited 17 months for the assessment which I had last monday 19th then today got a letter from DWP dated 21st that they had made a decision for the WRAG group (Last time I had to go to court after receiving 0 points). Is this very quick meaning they only took one day to go through the report and make a decision. I am going to telephone them asking for a copy of the report ( have a tape as it was recorded). Do I ask them for a reconsideration to support group in the same phone call or do I wait and see the report first.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Ideally you want to make your request for an MR within one month of Decision Date so you have some time if you want to wait until you receive the assessment report.

We recommend making the request in writing, rather than over the phone, see the ESA MR & Appeal guide for more details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Forgive me if you are already aware of this, to be placed in the Support Group you need to fully meet one or more of the SG Descriptors, see the ESA Claim guides on the same link.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #142955 by linda w.
Replied by linda w. on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)
Hi Gordon. Thanks for the quick reply and welcome :) Yes as far as I remember I do meet the descriptors. I was awarded high rate PIP (Both components) a few months ago. I have multi level disc prolapses, Arthritis (Spine and other areas). Depression. I will take another look through your notes. I may give them a call for report and follow it up with a letter.

Thanks again.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142957 by linda w.
Sorry I meant to ask on my last post. If I mention I want a MR and they do it before I have read the report, would they look at it again if I question the report?

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142970 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)
You can request the MR based on what you have so far and state you want to submit further evidence when you have the full paperwork from them. If this has not arrived before the end of the month write again stating you are not able to submit a full bundle of evidence in support of the MR as they have not provided you with the required paperwork within the timescale required.
This opens the door for you to make a formal complaint and take it to the tribunal.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143028 by linda w.
Thanks foss. I telephoned and asked for the medical report and a written statement of reasons for decision. I should get it by thursday the girl said. She said I could ask them to re-consider the decision when I have seen report if they don't change it then I can go for MR. I told her i also had a tape as it was a recorded assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.