× Members

Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)

More
8 years 6 months ago #143032 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)

linda w. wrote: Thanks foss. I telephoned and asked for the medical report and a written statement of reasons for decision. I should get it by thursday the girl said. She said I could ask them to re-consider the decision when I have seen report if they don't change it then I can go for MR. I told her i also had a tape as it was a recorded assessment.

There is (should be) no reconsideration before the Mandatory Reconsideration, either there is an MR or there is nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the written Statement of Reasons, even though you are legally entitled to request one, I can count the times I have seen one produced on one hand. I certainly would not wait on it to make a formal request for an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143072 by linda w.
Replied by linda w. on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)
That's what I found odd Gordon. I said I was going to put in a MR and she said You don't have to you can just put in a request to go in the support group. I asked what she meant and she said just put it in writing asking to be placed in support group and if they don't then go for a MR. I have done a SAR request in the past. If I don't get a written statement of reasons I will put in another SAR :) I think I will put straight in for MR as soon as I have seen the report.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)

linda w. wrote: That's what I found odd Gordon. I said I was going to put in a MR and she said You don't have to you can just put in a request to go in the support group. I asked what she meant and she said just put it in writing asking to be placed in support group and if they don't then go for a MR. I have done a SAR request in the past. If I don't get a written statement of reasons I will put in another SAR :) I think I will put straight in for MR as soon as I have seen the report.

Just so you are aware, A SAR can only retrieve documents and information that is already available, the Decision Makers Statement of Reasons is not produced when an award is made, so I would not expect it to have any more chance of success than a direct request for one.

The issue with a SoR is that the DM is not required to produce one if they have a reasonable belief that the information has already been supplied to the claimant, albeit in another form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143101 by linda w.
Replied by linda w. on topic Reconsideration of esa (WRAG)
I haven't had any reason in any form Gordon. All I have is the standard letter telling me what my rates are because I have been placed in the WRAG group. If medical report doesn't come by tomorrow I will put it in writing and request the reasons in the same letter. When I spoke to the adviser on monday she looked to see if it was available and said she would send it with the medical report.

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.