× Members

Could someone help me please

More
8 years 6 months ago #142992 by brianljnr
Could someone help me please was created by brianljnr
:huh:
Hi All,
Would someone care to give me a bit of advice as I'm nearly at my wits end.
I was a self-employed small builder/plumber up until Jan 2011 when going into a large DIY store, I went over on my ankle and also landed on my shoulder and from that day I have been in agony ever since, even after 2 operations and I have also been diagnosed with Fibro, Diabetes, Neuropathy in my feet and legs and I suffer from bad depression due to me having to close my company down and I had to file for bankruptcy and have tried to kill myself twice as I just feel a burden to everyone. I used to have a very active social life and was Secretary of a large football club but now I don't even go out apart from my Doctors and my Counsellor every week and even then I always have to have someone with me. I was awarded DLA middle rate care from 2012 to Aug 2014 so I filled the renewal forms in and thought that it would be a formality but I waited until March 2015 and then I was awarded Low rate care. So I asked for a reconsideration which failed and I am now going to appeal the decision and to top it all I have just received an ESA50 to fill in and I just don't know what to do, I really feel like ending it all as I think IDS wants us all to do. Could someone please advise if they have had to fill in another one of these forms in or have they made a mistake ( wishful thinking) and its just me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143005 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Could someone help me please
Brian

Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid ESA is a benefit that is regularly re-assessed by the DWP, so you need to complete the form in detail and provide evidence to support your claim, make sure you use the latest ESA guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

I can understand why you feel stressed by everything that is happening to you at the moment, try and break your activity into small and manageable amounts, for example; try to answer one of the questions on the ESA50 at a time.

You don't say where you are on your DLA appeal? Did you have a face to face assessment? Please make sure you have a look at the resources in the DLA section to help you with your appeal submission.

Have you tried to get help with either the new ESA50 or your appeal? Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county. You can also ant charities that might be involved with conditions.

If we can help more then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143021 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Could someone help me please
I don't know whether you have a local DIAL office, but they can offer real support with filling in the ESA forms (and any other similar benefit claim forms) Just phone and explain your circumstances and I'm sure someone will be only too happy to help. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.