× Members

Pip success! Blue Badge success!

More
8 years 5 months ago #142997 by Jane
Pip success! Blue Badge success! was created by Jane
I was on DLA; low rate care & high rate mobility.
& was invited to apply for PIP

They've awarded me the same & after all my friends' PIP horror stories i'm in shock.
I expected a BIG battle. Decision granted Just three weeks after my home assessment.

Oddly, despite not being as sick, i scored higher than i did when i was bedbound for a whole year!

I have M.E which is testing i fear, because they have no 'proof' ( no diagnostic test' ) & i wonder if this is why so many get turned down? .

I also applied for a blue badge 'before' i had my PIP decision & asked them to consider my application without the pip award being through ( in case it took 6 months), again my m.e friends have all been turned down...i sent in a photo of my electric wheelchair & its receipt, copy of a letter the dr wrote for my pip, photo of my box of meds & copy of prescriptions. I got the blue badge!

Happy days.

I want to thank this amazing board for the help, & information. i was so upset by the things my friends had gone through i don't think i'd have applied without your help here. Thank you!

Good luck to everyone, huge good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip success! Blue Badge success!
MJ

Congratulations on the award.

If you got a PIP Standard Daily Living Award, then this is actually an increase in award as the Standard rate is equivalent to DLA Medium Rate Care.

Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jane

More
8 years 5 months ago #143048 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Pip success! Blue Badge success!
Thank you!

Can I ask advice about some comments i've just read on my Allowance letter?

It says this;

1. You need an aid or appliance to be able to prepare or cook a simple meal ( 2 points)

But i never cook, i don't use any aids & i have a paid helper as i cant cook.

2. You need an aid or appliance to manage your toilet needs (2 points)

But i don't use rails or anything, i wheelchair right up to it & thats it.

3. You need to use an aid or appliance to dress or undress (2 points)

I don't use anything to do this. I may struggle at times to stand to get my clothes down, someone may have to fetch my coat if i can't stand that day but thats all, i neve use any kind of aids.

I never said any of those things nor wrote them in my application form. Do i need to tell them there is a mistake? I don't want this to cause me problems in the future with further assesments or claims?

Thank you

More
8 years 5 months ago #143057 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip success! Blue Badge success!
MJ

I would say that these are opinions rather than facts, likely derived from the assessment report, as such I don't believe you need to take any action.

It will not be an issue for a future assessment as this would look at how you are then and those assessing you will not refer back to this unless you do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143062 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip success! Blue Badge success!
Congratulations on getting the PIP and blue badge. Thank you for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #143065 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Pip success! Blue Badge success!
Thanks so much!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.