× Members

Facebook accounts

More
8 years 6 months ago #143004 by Helen68
Facebook accounts was created by Helen68
I am seriously considering deleting my facebook account because it has been used as a reason for being turned down for PIP.I have ME and have been trying for four years now to get some form of assistant to help me at home. I am beyond myself now trying to tick they're boxes, I need help. I am due at another tribunal soon, what are people's thoughts on this?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #143015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Facebook accounts
H

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I assume you are referring to the recent news item.

It is perfectly possible to set the security on your Facebook page so access is limited to just your friends and family.

We would need to see the Statement of Reasons from the appeal in question to know whether the claimants Facebook page had actually influenced the panel in their Decision.

Many of the publicised cases where claimants benefits have been stopped due to information on their FB pages, have been because they have included information that clearly showed that they did not meet the criteria for the benefits they were receiving, I seem to remember one individual who posted pictures of them actively competing in a yacht race when they were claiming benefits for a back injury!

As this is not really a topic for the forum, I am locking it to prevent further posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen68
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.