× Members

Working and pregnant - maternity advice please

• parrotluv
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143069 by parrotluv
Sorry in advance if this in the wrong section, I couldn't find the correct one.

My daughter is 18 pregnant and is 22 weeks, she is working full time but off work at the moment due to very low blood pressure causing her to black out, her doctor has signed her off work for 2 weeks but due to go back tomorrow for a review, she works in a very busy catering company in a cramped kitchen, it's dangerous for her to be working when she is having black outs.

Can anyone advice how she stands, if she has to leave work will she be entitled to any benefits, will she loose out on her maternity pay, not sure if she wants to go back when the baby is born, as she is on sick pay from work will the jepodise her maternity pay, sorry if this sounds confusing

Thank you in advance for trying to understand and help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143078 by Gordon

parrotluv wrote: Sorry in advance if this in the wrong section, I couldn't find the correct one.

My daughter is 18 pregnant and is 22 weeks, she is working full time but off work at the moment due to very low blood pressure causing her to black out, her doctor has signed her off work for 2 weeks but due to go back tomorrow for a review, she works in a very busy catering company in a cramped kitchen, it's dangerous for her to be working when she is having black outs.

Can anyone advice how she stands, if she has to leave work will she be entitled to any benefits, will she loose out on her maternity pay, not sure if she wants to go back when the baby is born, as she is on sick pay from work will the jepodise her maternity pay, sorry if this sounds confusing

Thank you in advance for trying to understand and help

I'm afraid there are too many areas that we don't advise on for us to give any reasonable advice, your daughter should get face to face advice from a trained advisor before making any decision on what to do.

Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with her postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.