× Members

DWP PIP phone call quite confused

More
8 years 6 months ago #143127 by lollo1
DWP PIP phone call quite confused was created by lollo1
Had a call today from DWP about daughters PIP app. I was informed last week that they had cancelled her appointment for F2F on Nov 4th as she is Autistic and has communication difficulties. I am her appointee so I was under the impression I could answer for her. No said Atos, Yes said DWP. Anyhow I was worried and still am that by them doing a paper based decision that this may impact negatively on any award. She has been on DLA high rate care and lower rate mobility since she was 4. She is now 16 and is unable to travel alone anywhere and still needs a high level of support on a daily basis. I included 56 pages of extra written info with the pip how does your disability affect you form, 5 consultant letters, Health care plan, (what was a statement of special educational needs), a letter from her consultant explaining that she has and needs assisted transport to and from 6th form and is unable to use public transport due to her autism/sensory issues. Also paid a visit to her GP yesterday and made a list of what areas she struggles with, he was wonderful scanned it and made notes to say if DWP contact surgery that this is where daughter struggles. So after all that I am wondering if someone has even bothered to read through anything I have sent as that seems quite a short time to make a decision. I know nobody has a crystal ball but does anyone have advice as to how compared to others this might play out. I am preparing myself for the worst at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143138 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP PIP phone call quite confused
Loll

As we replied last week, paper assessments are quite rare and we simply do not have enough information reported back to the forum to offer a view.

You don't have to wait for the Decision to order a copy of the assessment report, just phone the DWP office that is dealing with her claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143156 by lollo1
Replied by lollo1 on topic DWP PIP phone call quite confused
Thanks Gordon will give them a call and ask. Like I said I know nobody has a crystal ball and didn't know if I had done the right thing going to see her GP but he isn't normally the person who sees our daughter as appointments are normally with the consultant. So I just wanted to make sure that her GP was in the loop. Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.