× Members

Let sleepings dogs lie?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143128 by soupdragonsmum
Let sleepings dogs lie? was created by soupdragonsmum
I have had my transfer from DLA to PIP and successfully managed to cling onto higher rates in both categories. Phew!!

My query is that points allocation was a bit strange and several areas, where I feel sure I should have got points, earned 0 points. Overall, the points totted up to be enough, though, so I'm very much inclined to let sleeping dogs lie.

However, when this award runs out in 3 years time, the records will show a skewed version of my problems as they present now.

Should I just leave it? Will it have any effect on my next application?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Let sleepings dogs lie?

soupdragonsmum wrote: I have had my transfer from DLA to PIP and successfully managed to cling onto higher rates in both categories. Phew!!

My query is that points allocation was a bit strange and several areas, where I feel sure I should have got points, earned 0 points. Overall, the points totted up to be enough, though, so I'm very much inclined to let sleeping dogs lie.

However, when this award runs out in 3 years time, the records will show a skewed version of my problems as they present now.

Should I just leave it? Will it have any effect on my next application?

Providing the Decision has been made on the opinions of the assessor and the Decision Maker and not an error of facts, for example; the assessor stated you had only one leg and this reasonably resulted in a Mobility award where in actual fact you have two legs, then I would not worry about it. Any future re-assessment will be based on your conditions at that time and it is very unlikely that they will review any of your past assessment reports.

That said, you might want to give some thought as to why you scored as you did, did you not explain yourself well on the PIP2, was your evidence lacking in some respect. If you haven't already done so, you can request a copy of your assessment report, just make sure that it is clear that you are not requesting an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: soupdragonsmum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.