× Members

Awarded standard rate PIP

More
8 years 6 months ago #143141 by darkchild101
Awarded standard rate PIP was created by darkchild101
Hi all
I was awarded standard rate mobilty and care component. However I feel I should be on enhamced rate for both and am weighing up the option to ask for a reconsideration. I am a bit worried as some people say a reconsideration might result in even a lower score? Is this realistically possible

More importantly whats the best way of going about appealing this through a MR. I was awarded 8 points daily living and 10 for mobility for ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis. First time I applied for pip I was awarded 0 and went all the way to tribunal and still got 0

Thanks in adavnce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143147 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded standard rate PIP
Thabo

Welcome to the forum.

Asking for an MR will mean that the DWP will re-evaluate your claim from scratch and this can mean that you could receive a reduced or even removed award, it's unusual, but it most certainly does happen.

You need to consider two things, how secure is you current award; you say you scored 8 points for Daily Living so you have no buffer should points be removed. If your 10 points for Mobility was the result of your scoring in both the Going Out and Moving Around Activities then it may well be secure, but if you only scored again one and in particular the Going Out activity then it may be at more risk as the descriptors for this activity are awarded for different reasons, meaning you could lose more than the two points you have spare.

Next you need to consider and you need to be realistic about this, how likely are you to score the extra points for an Enhanced award.

A good place to start would be to request a copy of the assessment report from the DWP office that dealt with your claim, this will give you a better idea of how your PIP2 and evidence were viewed.

Ideally, we recommend that a MR request is made within one month of the date on the Decision Letter and I would urge you to stick to this, but requests can be made up to 13 months after the Decision providing the claimant provides Good Cause for the late request and this is accepted by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: darkchild101

More
8 years 6 months ago #143174 by darkchild101
Replied by darkchild101 on topic Awarded standard rate PIP
Thanks Gordon, i will ask for the report from DWP

In your opinion based on cases you are familiar with is it worth pursuing or best to leave it

More
8 years 6 months ago #143191 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded standard rate PIP

Thabo wrote: Thanks Gordon, i will ask for the report from DWP

In your opinion based on cases you are familiar with is it worth pursuing or best to leave it

Whether to pursue it or not is a decision that only you can make, all I am doing is suggesting things that you should consider as part of your decision process.

It's impossible for Moderators to form a view of whether a member meets the criteria for an award or not, all we see is the limited information that is posted on the forum, we have no idea of how complete that information is or how coloured it is by the claimants hope to receive an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.