× Members

uprating my pip

• bernie
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143162 by bernie
uprating my pip was created by bernie
after a tiring fight with the dwp I have now been accepted into the support group on the grounds of not being able to mobilise for 50 metres. I receive the standard rate of pip and have been told I should now apply for the higher rate but I believe the dwp have changed the criteria for this and it is now to mobilise for 20 metres I am worried I will lose my pip altogether can anyone advise me as to whether I should apply for the higher rate regards bernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143168 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic uprating my pip
In the WCA for mobility assessment the maximum 12 points is awared if you can move more than one metre but less than 20 aided or unaided.
If you can move more than 20 metres there is a sliding scale of distances to points but none of them will gain you the twelve points needed on its own.
There is also a planning journeys element which can be added to the moving around element to add up to 12 points but you will need to refer to the descriptors for this to see if you score any points.
It would seem that if tou are assessed as able to move 50 metres then you will get 8 or 10 points depending on whether you are aided or unaided.
So you need to think carefully about what points you would be awarded in total and whether this means it is worth going for the higher rate. Based on what you have said so far it seems unlikely you would get the higher rate. However it seems unlikely you would lose your standard rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.