× Members

URGENT! Anyone lost an MR appeal?

More
8 years 6 months ago #143248 by fastmoggy
URGENT! Anyone lost an MR appeal? was created by fastmoggy
hi all,
At the moment my wife is deliberating as to whether to challenge the PIP decision and go to the MR stage BUT she just scraped through from higher rate on both parts to just standard rate on daily living component at 8 points!
The worry is, if she decides to go ahead then it could actually backfire and loose that as well!
This uncertainty has caused a lot of problems for us both as to whether to go for it with that uncertainly or to play it safe. SO...with that in mind we'd like to hear from anyone who has been put into this same position and how they coped and what result they had.

Thanks for all who read this and appreciate your feedback on this thorny issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143267 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT! Anyone lost an MR appeal?
fastmoggy

We track all successful results in the forum, if you browse through the posts for ones with a red heart to left of the post this will give yo some idea of where people have won their claims.

I'm afraid we don't track failures. I would say on average, we have 2-3 members report a reduction in their claim every month and we are seeing a removal of award about every 6 weeks.

Again, members are free to add their own experiences, but you should remember that you are likely dealing with apples vs oranges as the success or failure of other members is unlikely to relate directly to your wife's situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.