× Members

pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks

• wonderfulwife
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143253 by wonderfulwife
pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks was created by wonderfulwife
hi all, i am transferring over from low rate care high rate mobility, had my assessment at home with atos in august, decision was 6 points daily living 10 points mobility, sent my mandatory reconsideration in with letter from my gp, its been 7 weeks today, just rang to see if there has been any updates and lady told me it hasnt been actioned to be looked at again! she said she has just sent a reminder over to get them to look at it urgently... probably wait another 7 weeks now! has anybody had much look in getting the award they needed through mandatory reconsideration?? thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #143270 by

wonderfulwife wrote: hi all, i am transferring over from low rate care high rate mobility, had my assessment at home with atos in august, decision was 6 points daily living 10 points mobility, sent my mandatory reconsideration in with letter from my gp, its been 7 weeks today, just rang to see if there has been any updates and lady told me it hasnt been actioned to be looked at again! she said she has just sent a reminder over to get them to look at it urgently... probably wait another 7 weeks now! has anybody had much look in getting the award they needed through mandatory reconsideration?? thanks

Hi ww,

Yes we have heard from some members who have had successful MR's !

Unfortunately the current success rates for MR's are pretty low, but one must go through the MR process before moving on to the Appeal stage.

See the following News Article :

Crackdown on DLA to PIP challenges means failure rates soar.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

• wonderfulwife
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #144449 by wonderfulwife
Replied by wonderfulwife on topic pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks
just an update.. 9 weeks and still no mr decision.. spoke to them yesterday said if i've not heard anything by Monday to ring and they can chase it up as it's been a long time.. they certainly don't worry about the effect it has on people waiting for decisions!!

• Lynsey
8 years 6 months ago #144626 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks
That's horrendous.

• wonderfulwife
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144734 by wonderfulwife
Replied by wonderfulwife on topic pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks
yes lynsey it is... looks like no decision as no letter this week so onto week 10 on Monday!!

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144752 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic pip mandatory waiting time - 7 weeks
Unfortunately for claimants no time limit was attached to the MR process when it was introduced, deliberately so in my opinion.
WW you may need to write to the DWP giving them a set period to carry out the MR after which you will submit a formal complaint.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris