× Members

ESA Assessment Refusal

More
8 years 6 months ago #143288 by dawn rittenberg
ESA Assessment Refusal was created by dawn rittenberg
I recently attended an ESA meeting to explain that partly due to my Crohns Disease not being registered it played a big part in losing my job.
I have had crohns for over 15 years. The last 18 months since losing my job has caused me considerable stress and resulted in depression both conditions I am still on sick leave. My unemployment benefit was stopped end of August, this has caused me further pressure and problems with my relationship.

I want to return to work but want my disability recognised and believe I should not have had my benefits just stopped, can you advise me please

Thank you

DR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143307 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA Assessment Refusal
Hi

There should have been a section on why your benefit entitlement ceased in the letter notifying you the benefit has stopped.

Perhaps your claim is means tested or contribution based and it was stopped on these grounds.

You need to contact the DwP if no reason was given and ask them to explain why your benefit was stopped. Then you can address the issue(s).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.