× Members

PIP Appeal

• Chezzii
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #143297 by Chezzii
PIP Appeal was created by Chezzii
Hi
Can any one please advise me. On Thursday coming I have my PIP Appeal and I need some pointers on any Do's and Don'ts as I am getting really stressed and agitated about it.

Many Thanks in advance

Chezzii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chezzii
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #143303 by Chezzii
Replied by Chezzii on topic PIP Appeal
I was in receipt of DLA High rate Mobility and Low rate Care. Because of my mobility problems my husband an old age pensioner and I decided to opt for a vehicle, we sold our car to pay the deposit, we got our new motor and were delighted with it and the freedom it afforded us. Doctors, Dentist and Hospital appointments were so much easier to attend, if my back was going into spasms the car journey to the Doc's or Hospital was bearable.....Then I was diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety, so I telephoned to tell them of a change of circumstances, I was told they no longer did a change of circumstances I would have to apply for PIP, which I dully did only to be told I would be given middle rate Daily Living but NO mobility and 2 weeks later they took my car, leaving me with no transport what so ever. Now trapped indoors, my mobility not allowing me to walk anywhere even with my 2 trusty elbow crutches, and unable to use public transport due to increased pain 24/7, I am having to go to an appeal tribunal, as if I've not got enough to worry about with my depression and anxiety. If anyone has any do's or don'ts for when I go in front of them on Thursday it would be very helpful.

Thanks Chezzii
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

• foss27
8 years 7 months ago #143312 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Appeal
Hi

We understand how stressful this process can be.

You can find some advice in our guide to appeals in the members ara.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.